Miss Demeanour uses Vani-T’s totally unique, natural and organic based spray tans because:
- no orange tones
- long lasting and fade evenly
- authentic cocoa brown colour
- no nasty tell-tale odour
- intensely hydrating
- utilise the world’s finest quality natural and organic ingredients ensuring a premium sunless experience.
- Vani-T Liquid Sun: provides a deep, honey-dipped glow. 8-12 hour developing time.
- Vani-T Velocity: gives a deep, rapid, wash and wear tan in as little as an hour. 1- 4 hour developing time.
Spray Tan Tips – Before Your Appointment
- We recommend you make your spray tan appointment the day before your event. The tan will develop further/look its best the day after your appointment.
- Ensure you do all of your hair removal i.e. shaving & waxing at least 24 hours prior to your spray tan appointment. Do not shave or wax on the day of your spray tan appointment.
- Gently exfoliate your skin at least 24 hours prior to your spray tan appointment, to remove any dead cells. Do not exfoliate on the day of your spray tan appointment.
- Moisturise twice daily for a week leading up to your tan. The end result of your spray tan depends on how hydrated your skin is before and after application. However, do not moisturise on the day of your spray tan appointment as this will create a barrier between your skin and the tan solution.
On the day of your spray tan appointment
- DO NOT apply any products to your skin (no moisturiser, no deodorant, no perfume, NOTHING! on the day of your appointment. Any product applied to your skin will act as either a barrier to the tan (so you’ll have patches) or it may react chemically with the tan solution (you may look slightly green until you shower it off).
- The same situation applies if you come to your appointment and you are sweaty – the sweat acts as a barrier to the tan, and may also cause the tan to run, causing streaks/patches.
- Wear loose baggy clothing to your appointment OR bring loose baggy clothing with you. Tight clothing will rub against your skin and may cause patches.
- To avoid strap marks we recommend you do not wear your bra after your appointment until your tan has fully developed and you have washed it off.
- Bring thongs/flip-flops to wear after your appointment, as shoes/socks will cause the tan to rub off/leave patches.
- Arrive on time or a few minutes early!
Spray Tan Tips – After-Care
Once you have had your spray tan please make sure you do the following to ensure it looks good for as long as possible:
- Do not get wet or sweaty before you are due to wash your tan off (be careful if washing your hands! – soap and water will wash away your tan, and any splashes will make it run).
- Do not put any products on your skin until after you have had your first shower or you will ruin your tan.
- Vani-T Liquid Sun: 8-12 hour tan. Ensure you shower no earlier than 8 hours but no later than 15 hours after your appointment. Do not leave it on your skin for longer than 15 hours as it will over-develop.
- Vani-T Velocity: 1-4 Hour Tan. Ensure you shower no earlier than 1 hour but no later than 6 hours after your tan appointment. Do not leave it on your skin for longer than 6 hours as it will over-develop. Colour: wash off time of the Velocity Tan is: Light: 1 Hour, Medium: 2-3 Hours, Dark: 4 Hours.
Your first shower after your appointment
- Use only water to rinse the tan off. Wait until the water runs clear off your body. Do not scrub/rub your skin. Do not use any body wash or shampoo until after the water has gone clear. Do not use any products containing sodium laurel sulphate (SLS) as this will strip your tan.
- We recommend Vani-T Body Shampoo as it is a specially formulated hydrating body wash with Marine Collagen, Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil which will help nourish your skin and assist the longevity of your spray tan. It is SLS free.
- Do not rub your skin to dry yourself as you can rub your tan off. Simply pat your skin dry very gently to absorb the moisture. You will need to ensure you don’t rub at your skin during/after subsequent showers as this will exfoliate your skin and remove the spray tan.
- Once you are dry MOISTURISE MOUISTUREISE MOISTURISE!! At least TWICE a day. We recommend Vani-T Body Frosting as its super hydrating and smells fantastic.
- Drink lots of water as this will help hydrate your skin from the inside.
Want your tan to look good and last as long as possible (7-10 days)?? Then you will need to ensure you follow the after-care steps very carefully, otherwise, your tan will go very dry and patchy. Don’t exfoliate/rub your skin, and ensure you keep your skin hydrated.
- SunFx Tan Extender: as the name suggests – it extends the effective life of any spray-on tan. It does this through a blend of natural extracts of almond oil, olive oil and restorative shea butter, combined in SunFx’s unique formula, these extracts deeply hydrate your skin, reducing the amount of tanning loss that occurs as skin cells die and fall off.
- Bronzing Custard: A great moisturiser containing the fantastic Vani-T tan in it! Perfect for keeping your tan golden for longer, or just building up your own tan without having to get a spray tan. Use once daily.
- Body Shampoo: Vani-T’s own frangipani-scented body wash is an amazing shower product! It is soap free so it won’t strip your tan and it contains Marine Collagen, Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil to help keep your skin hydrated. It also smells divine! Use liberally while showering.