Piercing After Care
With all forms of body piercing, the following are recommended practices for aftercare:
- Piercings should be kept dry, as much as possible.
- Always wash your hands before touching the piercing.
- Do not use your fingernails to move the jewellery.
- Do not share jewellery with friends.
- Do not touch or turn the jewellery unnecessarily during the healing process. If you do need to touch it always make sure your hands are clean.
- Do not remove the scab as this protects the piercing from infection.
- Avoid swimming for 48 hours or until the piercing has healed as water can pose a risk of infection.
General Body Piercings:
- You will need to spray the area with Antispectic Body piercing spray twice a day for two weeks only.
- Do not spray more as it will not allow the piercing to heal up, it still needs to be dried out.
- Do not touch the pierced area
- Do not use tea tree oil or other antiseptics on the piercing area as these may cause irritation.
Oral Piercings Aftercare
- Spray with Protat Oral Antiseptic spray twice a day for two weeks
- Do not smoke for at least 48 hours; if you can hold off for two weeks your piercing will heal better.
- No drinking cola (i.e. Coke, Pepsi) or beer for at least two weeks as this make it swell more.
- Avoid eating spicy foods, such as chilli and curry. Cold drinks such as slurpee will make the area feel nicer and take away swelling (remember not cola flavoured).
- You will receive a free change over bar today (down size) which can be changed once the swelling has all gone done (normally this takes 1 or 2 weeks). You can either change it yourself (with clean hands) or come in and one of our piercers can change it for you (make sure you book in).
If you have any problems or concerns please come in or call us on 9735 2260. Otherwise, please see your local doctor.
Miss Demeanour stocks a wide range of ear and body piercing jewellery in different materials including gold (9, 18 and 24ct), titanium, surgical steel and bioplast.